Utah v ASU Game Thread

Game has been announced to start at 4pm on the PAC-12 network. Potentially two top 20 teams playing on the PAC-12 network instead of a major network. What?

Don’t be surprised if there is a change later in the week.

1 Like

Have they ever changed the schedule?

Yes. If one of the major networks decides they want the game, they will make the adjustments.

when ASU and Utah take care of business this weekend hopefully we will see a change.

That said, I don’t want that game to start at 9 pm either.

1 Like

Agreed. No PAC 12 Midnight football.

1 Like

Doubtful, Fox isn’t broadcasting any Pac-12 games that weekend and ESPN took Washington and Oregon

Diehard is right as we saw from Wilner.

There is a draw system and some good games are going to end up on Pac 12. We took their money and we live with the consequences. We don’t always have to be happy about it though. Hopefully, having good games on Pac 12 will drive viewers to get it. If they can. :frowning:

1 Like

Interesting analysis of the decision to put the ASU-Utah game on the PAC-12 Network, with some details about Mark Harlan’s position on the issue.

4 Likes

That last line is the kicker. I’d gladly get Pac12 network, but as a cord-cutter they don’t provide a reasonable way for me to get it.

3 Likes

Wishfully having Pac 12 available on one of the largest subscription services (Direct TV) would drive viewers to watch if they are able.

2 Likes

I get the Pac-12 Network on Sling. It’s a pretty good deal at $30 a month.

Selfishly, I am glad it’s on Pac-12 Network. That’s how we got the 4:00 PM start time, which is about as good as it gets for a mid-October game.

5 Likes

I liked Harlan’s approach: We’ll take this now but we want some consideration going forward:

Harlan told the Hotline that he was supportive of the decision because “we had no route to main ESPN, ABC or FOX.”

But Harlan added:

“I also expressed that after the ASU game, we will have been on the Pac-12 Networks four times in (our) first seven games, and we are looking forward to having other opportunities going forward.”

3 Likes
1 Like

I think the team will be dialed in for a lot of reasons. Here’s an article with a nice bit at the end about Moss. He’s on the cusp of breaking the rushing record—he only needs 55 yards to get there—and his parents will be at the ASU game. I’m thinking he and the rest of our guys will be ready.

Go UTES!

2 Likes
3 Likes

And FOX just announced they are moving the Ohio St game to the Big 10 network because of the rainout.

1 Like
1 Like

Just for the record, I don’t buy the 13.5 spread, or any spread, for this game.