Transfer Portal Thread

As far as I can tell. two of the Utes high priority PF transfers remain uncommitted. Utes still have 1 scholarship available.

Steffon Mitchell (Boston College)

Tyler Stevenson (So Miss)

I think both are looking into the NBA draft but I haven’t seen anything that projects they will be drafted, so a return to college seems likely.

1 Like

Add another to the Utes list!

Dawson Garcia, a 6’11" PF from Marquette has entered the portal. He was their best player. Marquette had a coaching change. He’s from Minnesota. Freshman with 4 years left.

13 ppg, 7 rpg, 48% shooter, 36% 3pt shooter.

I’d bet the Utes have already called.

8 Likes

Former SMU F Yor Anei is transferring to DePaul. I think the Utes had interest at one time.

1 Like

Cincinnati’s Keith Williams has entered the transfer portal. A 6’5" senior he scored 14 ppg, 4 rpg, and 2.5 apg last season. Shooting 40/31/65. Was a 4-ster recruit. He declared for the draft, but won’t get drafted.

I wonder if Tim Morris is interested.

1 Like

Havent seen it come to be yet, but I Wonder if we are due for a mini-flurry of people hitting the portal before the July 1 eligibility deadline. Williams is an interesting prospect. Gets to the line a lot.

Oral Roberts Kevin Obanor, a 6-8 230 lb PF has entered the transfer portal. 19 ppg, 10 rpg, shot 50/46/87%. He’s a RS JR. He has filed for the NBA draft, but I haven’t seen any projections that he will be drafted. He put on a show in the big dance in March.

Another possibility to fill the Utes gaping hole at PF.

4 Likes

He’s about the hottest transfer target out there right now.

Great hour-long interview with Dusan Mahorcic. He has quite a story. Absolutely worth a listen.

1 Like

Utah transfer target Steffon Mitchell (PF - Boston College) will stay in the draft and turn pro.

I haven’t seen any mock that says he’ll be drafted, so I guess he’d rather make money in the G-league or overseas than return to school.

3 Likes

FWIW Obanor picked Texas Tech

1 Like

FWIW Dawson transferred to UNC

1 Like

So what does the utah Men’s Basketball roster look like now? This is what I have but I’m sure I have something wrong. Please feel free to correct me.

Utah Roster 21-22

Gone: Alfonso Plummer SR, Luc Krystkowiak SO, Timmy Allen SR, Ian Martinez SO, Mikael Jantunen JR, Pelle Larssen SO, Rylan Jones JR

Jaxon Brenchley JR
Branden Carlson JR
Riley Battin SR
Lahat Thioune JR

ute signees:

Lazar Stephonivic- 6’6" wing from Serbia
Norbert Thelissen- 6’7" SF (USU??)

Transfer Portal In:

Madsen USU (4 years left)
Worster USU (4 years left)
Jenkins (2 years left)
Anthony USU (2 years left)
Both Gach (2 years left)
Dusan Mahorcic (2 years left)

Thelissen signed with USU. He’s gone.

You forgot Bostyn Holt.

I think a lot of your eligibilities need updating. You have to remember last year doesn’t count. For example, Carlson has 3 years left. Battin has 2 years left. etc.

5 Likes

Seems like nobody has settled on what class label to put on athletes because of the Covid year, and it’s super confusing. The only thing that makes any sense to me is to list actual years remaining, as shown at the bottom.

BTW also Madsen came from Cincy not USU.

3 Likes
5 Likes