2014: Boise State
2015: Houston
2016: Western Michigan
2017: UCF
2018: UCF
2019: Memphis
2020: Coastal Carolina and Cincinnati

1 Like

This also would drastically shift recruiting. If you are a high 3 star prospect, do you sign with a team like Arizona, or cal, or Oregon St? Or do you now consider SDSU and the easier path to the playoff?

2 Likes

this would have been the matchup in 2019. I think I see a flaw:

I think they’d have moved us down and put Auburn in our place. With a committee still calling most of the 5-12 spots, they’d have the flexibility to do that.

3 SEC. That sounds right… Or maybe they do something like BB where they might shift one or 2 seeds to avoid 1st round conference matchups or recent re-matches.

FCS has a rule that regular season conference opponents don’t play each other.

Teams cannot travel more than 400 miles via ground, and teams from the same conference that played each other during the regular season will not be paired for first-round games.

We’ve played 11 P5s since 2010 (8 Neutral, 2 away and 1 home)
From now through 2035 we have scheduled 25 P5 non conference games (1 Neutral and 13 Away)

We did have Notre Dame coming up but when Saban signed through 2028 they moved their game to the year after. Let’s also not forget Saban calling for the SEC to add an extra conference game and all P5s outlaw 1AA games.

1 Like

This is interesting and exciting, but we all need to be wary of the Kool-Aid.

Good article but he missed who I am excited to watch for y’all:

1 Like

I hate when the media does this, its like sweeps week for local news - ‘can your dishwasher kill you?’

2 Likes

Grand Canyon U getting the death penalty for UofPay?

2 Likes

Dammit! Tell us. Can my dishwasher kill me?

3 Likes

Yeah sounds like the guy may be kind of a shyster, always looking for clicks.

1 Like

No.

1 Like

OJ FIND THE REAL KILLER?!?!?!

3 Likes

Interesting who they have two notches above (and two notches below) the Utes…

3 Likes

South Alabama gets the death penalty because the NCAA confirms the pay to play that paid Cam Newton to play at Auburn.

1 Like

yeah, my, albeit untrained, eyeball test would have ASU up higher. UCLA seems high, but what do I know? I’m a cyclist who enjoys CFB.

1 Like

I don’t have a strong opinion on whether Utah should be above ASU here, but given Daniels and the history I definitely relish in this.

Yeah their assessment of UCLA seems flawed. BTW the last time Thompson-Robinson faced the Utes, he had 0 TD, 2 picks, and -26 rush yards in a 49-3 loss. I don’t think his stat line will look much better this time around.

4 Likes

this guys seems to be a media whoring clown, but …

1 Like