They caught the murderer of that couple in West Jordan - reported he resisted arrest

Wish the police hadn’t taken it easy on him. What a tragedy. I’ll be curious to hear the motive in all of this.

I hope the police used the exact amount of force needed to arrest him. It’s not their job to administer justice. That’s a dangerous mentality to hope for police justice.

3 Likes

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Roll your eyes at the events leading up to and following the Rodney King beating.

1 Like

You meant to say alledged murderer, right? Innocent till proven guilty?

2 Likes

I was wondering if maybe some of that was from one or both of the parents.

1 Like

Only in a court. But since we aren’t in court there is no such presumption.

2 Likes

Because this is just like the Rodney King beating.

2 Likes

I wasn’t comparing the two. My point was wishes of blood lust by police proxy is a very ugly attitude. The reason I bring up Rodney king is because it’s the best example we have of the consequences of police administering what they deemed to be justice.

Your post supported that type of practice and it runs counter to all the lessons we should have learned from the events surrounding the Rodney King beating.

1 Like

We don’t know anything about what happened during the arrest. (Although based on the reports we do have about it, it would be no surprise at all if he fought hard to resist arrest; and if he did and he got beat up, that’s his own fault and I have no sympathy for him. It would serve him right.) We don’t even know what happened Saturday night, except that: Two innocent people were brutally slaughtered in their own home while their three young children slept upstairs (at least I hope and pray they were asleep). We know that they fought back, tragically, with a kitchen knife against a guy with a gun. We know that this guy was a fugitive after the crime. If going forward this guy is found guilty as the murderer I don’t care what happens to him as long as he gets a fair trial.

4 Likes

The article in the Tribune said that his bruises were the result of him resisting arrest once he was apprehended. The police stated they regretted that he chose to resist arrest.

So I’ll add my qualifying statements that up to this point I assumed were implied, particularly amongst you jokers who know me for the past decade+: Presuming this guy is guilty of murdering two parents with three children under the age of 5 in cold blood, and that he resisted his arrest I do not feel bad that he got a black eye out of this. If he is innocent of these crimes then I wish the swiftest and harshest internet justice to be rained down on my head.

Regarding Bulgies ridiculous association with Rodney King I will point out the fact that despite what those officers did, the vast majority of police officers do use the appropriate amount of force in situations so intense it is almost beyond reasonable to expect that to happen. Imagine having to apprehend a 270lb man who is a fugitive, who is resisting arrest and who is suspected of killing two people and we’ll see if you can use the same amount of restraint.

In the meantime I apologize for my insensitivity towards a suspected murderer and my sincerest wish that my comments on this message board have no impact on his access to justice.

Blood lust… judas.

6 Likes

Just shut this thread down. We all know you aren’t crazy, Rocker, and what else do we need to say about this?

From the Trib:

"West Jordan police spokesman Sgt. J.C. Holt said at a Wednesday news conference that Johnson’s facial injuries came from his arrest.

“Mr. Johnson did try to evade officers. Mr. Johnson tried to escape officers and he did resist arrest,” Holt said. “We regret that he made that decision.”

1 Like

You still don’t get my point. I’ll try again. I was not comparing the police actions in this case to those of the Rodney king beating. I have no idea if excessive forced was used here as it was against Rodney King. I was not comparing this guys actions to Rodney King’s. This man’s alleged crimes are for worse. I was simply commenting on your disappointment that the police took it easy on him. Whether they did or did not go easy on him is not a question of their choice but of their duty. Anything more or less than necessary should not be acceptable. They should use as much force as the situation dictates. If the guy resisted then the beating is justified and should continue to the point of cooperation. I understand the sarcastic tone in your post and the on going sarcasm in your response but it’s not a matter of sarcasm for people that have been abused by police.

3 Likes

I try to keep on the right side of the law. But when someone finds themselves on the wrong side of the law (or somehow is mistaken for having done something wrong) and things are to the point where they are being apprehended by a significant number of officers armed with clubs, guns, etc, and who tend to be in good physical condition, if you resist and try to fight your way out of it, things are very probably not going to go well for you.

4 Likes

I got what you were saying from the get go, I just don’t care. I don’t think YOU understood my original post which wasn’t blood lust or even a support of the beating he got… “Wish they hadn’t taken it easy on him…” when he’d obviously got worked over from the pic I posted.

But then you got preachy based off your misreading so I decided to roll with it.

2 Likes

so you were trolling me on a site that you have to deal with the pain in the ass of people trolling on it? right…I believe that.

It’s all right there go read it. For the record I’ve never messed with anyone being silly on this site before. There is absolutely no history of that.

2 Likes

I get the joke, I just don’t think it’s funny or as is the case with most sarcasm, remotely clever. I will admit police brutality is a hyper sensitive subject, coupled with too much free time you will find people taking things more serious and that’s the real tragedy. Carry on, laugh and enjoy, sorry to be a wet blanket.