The official "What are you listening to right now?" thread

This dropped in on my echo as “Zen Music.”

I can’t keep wondering when Blade is going to show up to kick Deacon Frost’s ass.

Meaning not very Zen. :joy::joy::joy:

Celine Dion. Just a playlist of her because we all know deep down she can sing anything.

1 Like

I had a roomate once who was an ex-Army Ranger. He was in the first group that dropped into Desert Storm. He was in Panama to get Noriega. He later worked as a strength and conditioning coach for a college football team. He loved Celine Dion more than anything.

I still give her a listen every once in while as a tribute.

2 Likes

I saw her in Vegas and rolled my eyes on the way to the show. I did not want to go. She put her foot in every song and was funny with her banter. She made me a fan. I would easily pay to go see her again. Not many people I want to see multiple times.

Her new music is great:

1 Like
2 Likes

There’s nothing like the original, plus he wrote the song. Aretha Franklin gets all the recognition for this song, but for me it doesn’t compare to Otis’ version.

3 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

“Haunted When the Minutes Drag”

Love and Rockets.

One of my top 5 concerts ever (and I’ve been to hundreds). Celine in Las Vegas back in 2008.

1 Like

Not sure if I’ve posted this one previously. Great old band who has aged well. The orchestra behind them really enhances this version.

3 Likes

Robin Trower was their guitar player in their early days.

1 Like

“Robin Trower was their guitar player in their early days.”

I remember years ago my roommate went to go see Alvin Lee and Ten Years After, a favorite of mine, and the opening act was Procol Harum. When he got back I asked him how Alvin Lee was and he said he was ok, “but man, that guitar player for Procol Harum was something else.”

2 Likes

This is such a great album: