The official "What are you listening to right now?" thread

imagine being in a school orchestra and they say, hey you are going to play with tommy shaw today

1 Like

If you guys are trying to think of something to get me for my birthday (April 17) I’d love a red t-shirt that says ‘KEITH’ on it.

1 Like

Not a big fan of Styx , but that was pretty damn cool !

I just did a 24 hour U2 cleanse, meaning all I listened to for 24 hours was U2 (not straight). Pro-tip - stick to mostly Rattle and Hum and earlier otherwise vomiting may occur. Why is U2 the band I love to hate and hate to love?

Resuming weird music listening now.

2 Likes

Glad I’m not alone about U2. IMO there is nothing exceptionally special about U2. I find other bands of the era more interesting, such as Depeche Mode, and Wall of Voodoo.

I’ve never been a fan of U2. But then, I’ve not been a fan of a lot of artists that many people love.

Springsteen, The Police, Elvis Costello, Little Feat, Depeche Mode, etc

And then I’m a big fan of artists that many people either hate, or haven’t really heard of.

Cactus, Ten Years After, Spirit, Quicksilver, Golden Earring, etc

1 Like

I LOVE 80s U2, and then ‘One’ in the 90s but that’s it.
I saw them in San Diego a few years ago when they were doing the tour where they just did the stuff from the 80s. It was incredible.

Incidentally it was a night the Utes played Arizona in football. I was wearing a Ute shirt and got several “go Utes” as I was walking around the stadium.

1 Like

The new Youth Code album is fantastic. I love listening to Sara Taylor rage at the world.

Pretty sure Dante called that out as one of the levels of Hell. :wink:

Just a band I’ve followed from Newcastle in the UK. New stuff from them:

2 Likes

Love :heart: Melody Gardot. She is great on every single song she performs.

1 Like

Listened to this today. Still apropos 50+ years later.

1 Like

We’ve been rewatching The Americans. Just finished season 1. I forgot just how good it was. Anyway, the ending song for season 1 was Games Without Frontiers by Peter Gabriel.

3 Likes

David Gray is a true artist.

1 Like

I’ve had this on in the background much of the day. It’s fitting my mojo.

Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Vol 1 Vol 2 Full Soundtrack

1 Like

Those are a couple of the better soundtracks out there.

1 Like