The official "What are you listening to right now?" thread

I know it’s different than most songs posted here, but I figured that you as a musician would probably ( to go old school) dig it.

Gentlemen, we’ve made it to 1000. Congratulations. It has been quite the journey. We have all grown in ways we didn’t think was possible. Here’s to thousands more.

To commemorate this milestone, Sir Paul himself:

4 Likes
3 Likes

Was walking up to the U tonight and thought The Cure would be a good fit for the Autumn vibes. Very much into setting the mood during the Fall. This feel of this song hit hard tonight. Disintegration is a fantastic album. I do think The Cure are a little patchy, but when they’re great, they’re great. Saw them in 2009 and they proceeded to play the longest show of my life…so long I had to leave early! I’m a bigger Smiths fan. But man these guys are good too. And when I say these guys, I of course mean Smith.

1 Like

I saw the Cure for the first time ever last October at ACL in Austin…they played a two hour set. I have always liked The Cure, but not to a fanatical level by any means.

Let me just say I’m 48 years old and have been a live music junkie my entire adult life. By my conservative estimate, I have attended 400 individual concerts (not including festivals), all genres. Honestly that show was easily in my top 5 all time. Just…incredible.

2 Likes

The Cure is excellent. Here are a couple of early songs:

3 Likes

The show I attended was fairly famous- they played at Coachella even after the power was shut off on them.

1 Like

My favorite Joni Mitchell song

4 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

The greatest sexist song of all time!

1 Like

Right up there with “You’re Having My Baby” by Paul Anka

1 Like

Gameday tomorrow so, the new Big K.R.I.T.

And just to show how eclectic my Spotify is today here is the next song that came up this morning.

2 Likes

GTFO if you don’t listen to the Queen of Pop.

1 Like

Listening to the new Bruce Springsteen album.

The Crystal’s “Hold My Beer” song in this category