The official "What are you listening to right now?" thread

BOSTON I, II, and III

you kids won’t know who they are…

Blasted it in Van Cott during my internment.

Does anyone else watch this guys videos? They are AMAZING, especially if you have any background in theory. “Ramble On” is my favorite Zep song by the way…

5 Likes

“Thank You” is my fav

1 Like

The whole “How the West Was Won” video proves how talented they were

1 Like

I do watch his videos and always enjoy them. I don’t necessarily agree with him on everything, but his stuff is thorough and he’s well prepared - and that is a GREAT room full of equipment behind him.

It doesn’t show up in this tune, but one of the things l always liked about Zeppelin, was their use of unusual and intermixed time signatures. Some of that stuff is impossible to count even if you KNOW what they are doing.

3 Likes

I was either not born, or too young during most of the prime of his career, but became familiar with his earlier music much later, and became a big fan.

Not sure why, but this tune started rolling around in my head this morning and I could not wait to get to a point where I could take a minutes and listen to it.

Great stuff…

3 Likes

I had no sooner finished listening to the tune in the previous post, than I came across another Ray Charles classic, from the Blues Brothers movie; which of course, led me to recall the John Belushi impression of Beethoven…

1 Like

My second favorite Stones song: The Girl With Faraway Eyes.

3 Likes

Really like this album.

3 Likes

It really is. I used to listen to it on my commute when it first came out. Not a lot of hits, but a solid album from beginning to end.

1 Like

I think part of the issue is they couldn’t tour for the album because Weiland had to go to rehab. They didn’t promote it heavily. But you’re right, this wasn’t a radio friendly record. I think it might have sold a million copies. They were at their peak around this time. It’s too bad Scott could never get it together.

3 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

“Tubthumping” is on my short list for worst song ever written. Easily in the top 5.

To each their own though.

1 Like

“Afternoon Delight” is on my list for the worst song ever written.

3 Likes

Amen. Even as a hormone raging teenager, I thought that song was a serious mood killer. “If any potential ‘date’ sings like this… uhh… no thanks!

1 Like

That made your top 5? Wow. Tupthumping is a silly party song, not to be taken seriously. I feel you are ignoring many worse songs (Macarena, Crazy Train, Love Shack, I’m Too Sexy??) that are more deserving of being on such a list.