The cool pictures thread

Picture of a German soldier going against direct orders to help a little boy cross the newly formed Berlin Wall after he had been separated from his family.

10 Likes

This is one that we just took today. A bit of back story. We have a puppy who loves to get into mud puddles and roll in the mud. We decided to skip the mud, because it’s a PITA to wash him up EVERY time he wants to get wet.

So we got a blow up kiddie pool. In the farmers field behind us is a depression where he can’t get anything to grow, except amphibians. Really it just collects water, and anything planted there just dies before it can be productive for Mr. Davis, the farmer.

So whenever it rains a ton of little frogs seemingly pop out of no where to do what frogs do when they get the chance. They sing to attract a mate. You get enough of the little guys, and it can be almost deafening some nights. We call them rain frogs, since they seem to only show up after rains storms. Anyway, we finally found one of the little buggers, in the dog pool. This little guy, because we’ve already caught him singing in the pool, so we know it’s a male, is roughly the size of a quarter.

I’m not 100% certain how it managed to get from the farm field to our back porch without one of the neighborhood predators (cats, dogs, possums, birds, snakes, lizards, etc) catching it. We’re talking 100-150’ for a quarter sized amphibian, hopping through grass and other things.

Regardless, he’s a cute little guy. If he’s still there tomorrow, I’ll relocate him back to his normal abode.

2 Likes

North Korea at night…

North Korean man waving goodbye to his brother, whom he was allowed to briefly reunite with in 2010.

8 Likes

So Tahoe was nice yesterday.

7 Likes

Last night

3 Likes

Always enjoy visiting parks with Bison. Is it weird I prefer the wildlife, canyons and streams in Yellowstone over the Geysers and hot springs?

5 Likes

It is not weird! The Geyser and hot springs people are the weird ones :slight_smile:

But then, that’s probably just me, I don’t like hot water…

2 Likes

I mean, it’s cool but I was never crazy over them. This morning I am hitting Going to the Sun Road in Glacier. Hoping the Western Fires don’t make it too bad.

Anyone ever stop at the Garden of One Thousand Buddhas on the way up to Glacier. I have a Mennonite client with a store near it on Native land. That last sentence is something to write:

2 Likes

7 Likes

1 Like

I grew up going to Glacier often. Spent a lot of time at Many Glacier, St Mary, and Logan Pass. Such a beautiful area.

3 Likes

The Western Fires and one outside the park had it a bit hazy this morning but was brilliant by 11am.

4 Likes

Alaska. Today.

Alaska view

5 Likes

The midnight sun is no joke. Love the Alaska photos.

1 Like

3 Likes

Does breakfast foods from Spokane count for this thread? Cottage Cafe is so good and they have a restaurant puppy (I think just for today)

tt

Processing: 5A20BCA3-7129-4ACD-A27E-42A1283CAA90.jpeg…

3 Likes

Looks interesting, what’s the bottom one, the one with the pecans?

1 Like

The Cinnamon roll.

1 Like

Due to those pictures, I had to increase my insulin dosages to avoid hyperglycemia. :wink:

Seriously, the food looked delicious.

4 Likes

My dumbass had ice cream on a waffle then drove the 4 hours to Seattle. I’ve hiked everyday and gained 15 pounds easily on this month long trip.

1 Like