Rumor has it there will be no 'blackout' game this year. I'm crushed (I stand corrected - Ute Proud / Blackout night announced)

This probably also means there will be no “Dress Like A Cowboy” game either. Disappointing.

my-dress-like-a-cowboy

My nephew who is on the MUSS board is telling me that they are trying to switch the Ute Proud game to this week and have the blackout next week. He says they’re getting close to making it happen. FWIW

Although dress like a cowboy sounds intriguing.

1 Like

Could we invite Joe Glenn as an honorary Cowboy, and then RUTS?

5 Likes

I know you’re being TIC, but I think if you’re going to do the blackout gimmick, it should always be the game closest to Halloween.

3 Likes

Stadium only seems right with lots of Red.

4 Likes

Utah fans wear RED.

3 Likes

Disappointed as well. I new, how do you post an original comment?

To bad, I liked them looking badder :}.

You have to earn trust. Spend some time on the site, read some posts, obey the rules, post some responses. Then you will have more privileges.

The anticipation of Dress Like a Cowboy game was one of the highlights of life on Utefans. I remember being crushed when the AD cancelled it.

I had almost forgiven you for that one, but now you’ve brought up all the pain and embarrassment up again.

Just kidding, the athletic department said no to the switch. ASU does not have a theme, just wear red. Cal will be Ute Proud and Blackout combined however that is going to go.

1 Like

I blame GothLoyter for the demise of daytime blackout games

3 Likes

[quote=“Smack, post:9, topic:1260”]

You have to earn trust. Spend some time on the site, read some posts, obey the rules, post some responses. Then you will have more privileges.

[/quote]I

Being a die hard Ute for 45 years I not to be trusted, I have to earn it. The game against Cal WILL be blackout. Thanks, I done here!

Good news, you’ve reached the status to have all basic functions of the site. The ‘trust levels’ are to reduce spam of bots creating an account, posting garbage and then leaving. All you have to do is spend a little time on the board, read a few posts and contribute a few others and you get upgraded automagically.

Can any of us really be trusted? :slightly_smiling_face:
I hope you did not misunderstand my post. I wasn’t taking a shot at you. We all had to gain “trust” on the new site before gaining full posting privileges. Cheers!