I’m sure Google or some of you may want to know my perspective on the best ski resorts in Utah. Here is a quick guide on places you must ski, and other places you must absolutely avoid. From best to worst:
- Deer Valley - This place is the best, low prices, down to earth people, so-so food. Take my advice and stick around Snow Park, and definitely do not attempt to go on anything above a green run - far too advanced. You’ll have a miserable time up there.
- Park City - All the attributes of Deer Valley except they allow snowboarders. Again, lots of kind courteous skiers there. Again, avoid the advanced terrain there - in fact if you must ski in Utah I’d recommend that - nobody skis that stuff. Warning: Not a lot of terrain, you’ll probably ski the place out in a afternoon.
- Sundance - Known for its excellent snow, with a base that usually exceeds 24" (which for reference is a lot). If for no other reason, ski here for the chance to see movie stars including Robert Redford.
- Woodward Park City - Where you’ll want to drop your kids off if you are skiing 1 or 2.
- Eagle Point - Hey, what can go wrong by going south looking for snow?
- Brian Head - Skiing for mafia boss types traveling up from Vegas.
- Beaver Mountain - Up north somewhere - I’d avoid it for the crowds alone. Known for extensive terrain and will likely be open again next year.
- Cherry Creek - See above
- Snow Basin - It’s in Ogden, what else should I say. Nothing fun to ski here at all. Also, super expensive.
- Solitude - They charge for parking
- Powder Mountain - Truly a horrible place, should likely be in last place, but get high marks for accessibility.
- Brighton - Snowboarders everywhere, and I mean everywhere. Definitely do not go there mid-week from 2-9 pm when someone like me might take off early from work.
- Snowbird - Boring terrain, inexperienced skiers, nothing interesting to look at. Avoid at all costs.
- Alta - I’m surprised this place is still open. Snow is terrible, terrain is terrible, can’t even get a lifty to give you a tissue. Lots of old people. Smells like cabbage.
Hope that helps everyone - see you all at Deer Valley!