Punxsutawney Phil Declares Early Spring a Certainty

Phil is accurate 39% of the time. (This was actually kind of a fun article I thought.)

Maybe if they ate the groundhogs that missed their predictions, the other rodents would take their responsibility more seriously.

4 Likes

Only if they taste like chicken. :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Looking out my window in our SLC home, I think Phil has some ‘splainin’ to do. This has to be the biggest snowstorm around here in years. The U. announced last night that it is canceling morning classes today.

1 Like

The crazy thing is this is limited almost completely to the valley. The ski resorts aren’t getting it because the low temperature of there is sub-optimal for generating snowflakes, so one of those rare storms with more in the valley than in the mountains. Brighton got 4" is all last night.

Classic lake effect storm. Shoveled 10-12 inches (West Jordan) before leaving for work (with more coming down). People in Herriman reported they had a ‘dusting’.

I live half a mile south of the U, and have 14 inches of snow in my yard; still coming down…

It was a lot of work to get all that snow shoveled. It was light powdery stuff, but there was a lot of it, which made it hard to find places to put it all. Our dogs loved it, though.