Nice site! How do we become donors?

How much of a cut does Patreon take?

1 Like

It’s pretty close to Paypal - I think paypal (at this volume of transactions) is 2.9% plus 30¢ a transaction. Patreon is somewhere close to that as well, can’t remember exactly.

1 Like

I know you said any amount Rocker, but can you ballpark what would be helpful from each of us?

1 Like

:grimacing: Honestly I don’t know how to answer that. I’ve been grateful but also a little surprised that people are donating - I had to cobble together a plan to accept that when we switched over, so it is sincerely appreciated. So to everyone who has donated, thank you very much.

Every little bit helps offset hosting costs, though. Through the Patreon and Paypal are some suggested amounts, we tried to do things that fit everyone’s budget hopefully. Thanks for asking.

1 Like

I suppose if one venmo’s they should do something to indicate who its from otherwise…well…no problem I’ll just do it again at some point and remember to do that next time :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I set up recurring donation through the Patreon site and everything seemed to work, but I’m not sure how it knows who I am on Utefans? Where/when will I be statused as ‘donor’? Sorry if already answered.

1 Like

Just boardmail me your name or email you signed up on in patreon and I’ll upgrade you. Thank you!

2 Likes

Do you have a preferred method of donation.

No preference, whatever works best for the individual.