Need some help in how to respond to this email

I’m not sure why this person that works for a company that is one of my clients would be asking me this, nor why they would consider me tech support for them, but I’ve gotten both an an angry voicemail and an email that says:

I NEED YOU TO RESPOND IMMEDIATELY!!! I NEED THE URL ADDRESS FOR MY WEBSITE *************.COM!!!

Voicemail says the same thing. I responded back and said, “Hi, I’m not clear as to why you are asking me this question, but your website ************.com is actually your URL. Different names for the same thing. Hope that helps.”

I got an email back almost instantly that says:

THIS MOST DEFINTELY DOES NOT HELP!!! THIS IS URGENT AND I NEED A STRAIGHT ANSWER FROM YOU IMMEDIATELY.

I don’t host her website, I don’t know who this person is other than she apparently works for a company that is a client of ours… we do provide a tech service for them, but nothing like tech support. She obviously is meaning to send it to me because she both emailed and called. I’m not loving the shouting, but I am loving the stupidity of her question and response. A quick online search also shows this person to be in her late 20s early 30s - so age isn’t a factor in all of this.

I need a funny way to respond. I can see getting some mileage on this. Copy their CEO who is a friend of mine on the next response?

3 Likes

Just help her out and move on. No need to poke fun.

How do you help someone who won’t be helped?

2 Likes

Start by explaining what a URL is and then move on to explain why she has a non problem. Maybe blind copy your friend.

You could send her a “let me google that for you” for “negative consequences of smoking meth”

1 Like

Just respond with “Dear Person, Here is the URL for your website: https:// www.companyname.com. Thank you, Rocker” Then BCC the CEO.

1 Like

And I typed it slow this time to help you out.

3 Likes

All you people are no fun at all. I don’t have any ideas right now for shenanigans, but if we’re being helpful, you might point out that YOUR CAPS LOCK KEY IS STUCK AND IT LOOKS LIKE YOU’RE SHOUTING AT ME.

Bonus points if you can work a “boomer” reference in.

3 Likes

Yeah, this thread wasn’t received as well as I expected. I thought people would find it humorous with the special mix of irrationality, screaming, ignorance and impatience - all with an innocent bystander to whatever her issue was.

1 Like

Ask her if she’s tried turning it off and back on again.

2 Likes

Tell her to put it in a bag of rice

3 Likes

There’s always a problem when one has to explain the joke.

/giphy ute fans disappoint

Could she be confusing IP address with URL?

try this
try this mamn please

or this

why are you yelling

maybe this
i dont know what we are yelling about