Johnny Manziel = Zach Wilson?

with Sam Darnold being shipped to Carolina, the Jets have traded away their last 6 first round draft picks

2 Likes

Imagine the stress relief to back up Brady in Tampa a couple seasons.

3 Likes

My apologies. You are right. He should be the suckiest suck of all sucks.

What I meant is it would be a shame if he had those excuses to fall on rather than just suck and having to own it and not let his mom blame the slow fat offense line and slow RB and butterfinger receivers and bad coaching for wasting her son’s talent and potential fashion deals.

I personally think he will bust even with his physical talents because: 1) JETS, 2) he won’t have the coaching or the time to learn how to read more advanced defenses, 3) he won’t be able to learn the system fast enough to be effective and build confidence, 4) he’ll get hurt when he scrambles too much, 5) he’ll start forcing it and become an INT machine

6 Likes

Not just Mahomes and Rodgers but Brady, Brees, and even Steve Young all benefited from being behind someone for most of their rookie year. It’s a once in a decade talent that is starter quality as a rookie. Is Trevor Lawrence? Maybe. Is Zach Wilson? I doubt it.

3 Likes

I heart sancho.

1 Like

Why in the hell do we have 65 entries on a Ute board about Wilson?

I know, I just added to it.

2 Likes

Didn’t you learn anything from Love Day?

You’re right. I should create an Alabama Players available in the first round thread.

BTW, I just assume everyone’s a Broncos fan because of Proximity. Is that flawed thinking?

1 Like

that’s like saying everyone in Bama is a Jaguar fan

1 Like

Very flawed. In fact, I would venture to guess that any fan here my age or older most likely hates the Broncos as in the days of three channels only over antennae our choices of football games in Utah on Sunday were the Broncos and anyone the Broncos were playing. And the Broncos were always bad.

3 Likes

or The 40-whiners from the NFC. They weren’t always bad, but it sure did get old seeing only the Broncos or the Whiners.

BamaFanNKY is the first to get cast into the fires of hell for such a nonsense post. It’s because of Bolles and Timmy Patrick.

1 Like
1 Like

Technically, they are split three ways by geographical area of Alabama. Very North Titans, Central Falcons and Southern part Saints.

I was a lifelong Raiders fan until the Rams moved back to LA.

I also contend SLC is the second city behind Mexico City that deserves an NFL franchise.

This map led me to believe that hogwash:

I would say that if you were to walk around in Utah the most common NFL jersey you might see someone wear would be a Broncos jersey. Most of those are of recent years though and younger people who say their relative recent success with the end of Elway and Payton Manning. You’ll see a significant amount of 49ers jerseys, those seem to be the holdovers from the Steve Young Era. And then a surprising amount of Raiders and Falcons jerseys, followed by the Seahawks. You might see an occasional Packers or Steelers jersey too.

I actually suspect that with the Raiders going to Las Vegas you’ll see some growth in that fanbase in Utah. It seems like Utahns of all kinds will kind of pick up teams from their favorite college guys. For example I can’t think of a time I saw KC Chiefs jerseys regularly until Alex Smith was there.

But yes, the resentment is real for older fans over the Broncos and the 49ers as also mentioned. Otherwise it is a hodgepodge.

1 Like

The Falcons? They must love heartbreak.

I think 99.8% of Falcons fandom is related to Jamal Anderson.

1 Like

I’ve been a fan of the Silver and Black since 1969. They were my favorite team to listen to on the radio, since the damned donkeys were on TV. Seen the good, the bad, and the heartbreakers. Hoping to make the trip to Vegas for a game some time, Given the ■■■■■■■■■ in Oakland and LA they played in, the new digs are a palace.

2 Likes

In fairness, their new digs seem like a palace by any measure. Haven’t been there yet but the place looks spectacular. Can’t wait to go see our Utes play there on December 3rd :wink:

2 Likes

I concur with @sancho this Manziel = Zach Wilson comparison is too kind. Better comparisons are Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell or Chris Heinke

2 Likes