Jason Shelley entering the transfer portal - big bummer

This is unfortunate. He was a productive player and an important part of the team in 2018. I wish him nothing but the best and hope he finds an opportunity to start somewhere in his final year.

2 Likes

I mean … I don’t blame him … consider the fact that we have 2 highly regarded 4* DB’s coming in … both will probably start over him. QB shelves are stacked against him.

1 Like

He gave us his all, and for it he has my thanks. Best wishes on his future.

4 Likes

Seemed reasonable for some of those “come in for one or two plays” always managed to get yards and psyched out our opponents.

I really hope it works out for him. He’s always seemed like a great kid from my cheap seat.

3 Likes

Best of luck to Shelley. I hope he gets a good opportunity somewhere

1 Like

I am a big fan of his, and found him to be very intelligent with a lot going for him. He saved our butts in 2018.

3 Likes

Kind of saw this coming; wondered how excited he was moving to defense. Wish him the best; he’s a good guy.

1 Like

In san antonio, He was overheard saying he was going to transfer because he wants to play quarterback and does not want to play safety. He said he was looking at Oklahoma State and TCU for what it’s worth.

“He said he was looking at Oklahoma State and TCU for what it’s worth.”

Well…good luck with that.

3 Likes

He should be looking at San Diego St, but he has to sit a year at an D1 school, to play one. Jack Sears is doing a grad transfer to SDSU to play one immediately, Shelley could sit one and play one there. Alternatively he could could transfer to a D2 school such as the Big Sky and play immediately.

IMO this was not well thought out by Shelley. His completion % sucked. He has good running skills. His best fit would be at a school running the triple option, but they don’t take transfers.

1 Like