Here to stay: The Einar Nielsen Fieldhouse | @theU

I’m excited about the new SEZ and I’m glad that Utah will continue to be on the roof of the fieldhouse.

2 Likes

Love that UTAH roof!
Seems like it’s been there forever
What a great story.
Jim Harbaugh can come back and gaze upon it through tears anytime

3 Likes

I have fond memories of playing there for the Utah State basketball touney eons ago! Long live Einer!

1 Like

Great news especially when they removed the portion in the North endzone I sat on a blanket during the games. I think it was called Mac’s kids I remember being excited every week to sit there

2 Likes

I love the field house, the building itself. It brings back great memories of school. But (and this won’t be popular) I could take or leave the “UTAH” on the roof. I don’t hate it, but I don’t love it either. It is unique, so I do like that about it. (ducks and hides)

1 Like

[quote=“RockerUte, post:1, topic:4472”]

[/quote] I had a physical education class there my first year at the U in 1960. Vadal Peterson used to be around. Didn’t know he was a legend at the U at the time.

1 Like

My wife’s uncles used to “winter tennis” in the Einar Nielsen field house back in the 80’s-2000.

1 Like

You’re certainly entitled to your opinion, but how does a old asphalt roof dominating the entire northern exposure of a low-ringed stadium not look remarkably better with gorgeous bright, huge Utah letters? They almost look like they were designed to be there forever. Seems like a total grassroots Cinderella story and they were perfectly scaled IMHO.

4 Likes

I just like the look of the plain black roof. It looks cleaner to me. No sane person would do that to their own home for aesthetic reasons. But, I realize I’m probably one of few that feel that way.

I totally understand your point.
But since you brought it up, we’re about to enter the crazy zone for seasonal decorations…

3 Likes