Expand posts

Is there not a way for the posts to be expanded out? I like to read each post without having to click on every single one of them. Now I have to drill in to each one to read them. Much easier to see them if they were expanded out. Or, is there a way to do this that I don’t know about?

Unfortunately with this format, no. However, like you and being familiar with that I’ve found the keystrokes to help have a much better experience in viewing threads. Pressing the letters j and k will move you up and down a topic, hitting enter will take you into the full thread - hitting u will take you back to the master list.

I think one of the reasons the tree method for forums has fallen somewhat out of favor is also mobile compatibility. Basically we gained some things and lost one somewhat significant thing. I have found however that I like being able to easily skip past topics I’m not interested in, FWIW.

Oh, and if you want to learn about what keystrokes are available to control the site press shift + ?

1 Like