Been trolling the coogerbored the last couple of days

I know, pathetic. But it’s (sometimes) so much fun! I’m normally very polite and respectful (still am) but it’s so much fun to get under their skin! They can’t stand it when you won’t argue with them or resort to name calling when they do it. One of the little twits board-messaged me and called me an ■■■■■■■. Fun times!

Being banned from Cougarboard is a privilege and an honor, so that should be your goal if it hasn’t happened already. The emotional intelligence over there is about at a 5th grade level, which makes trolling fun. But I’m pretty sure they kicked Rocker off for promoting the new UF.N over there, so it doesn’t take much. They’re sensitive and they should be, because no one really cares about BYU and deep down they all know it.

4 Likes

Who is this “byu” that you are talking about?

4 Likes

A team to drop for a real P5 school or legit top end G5.

They will be crowing about their “2020 Powerhouse” for decades. The :cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake: gave them hyperglycemia.

4 Likes

Their 2020 schedule was significantly weaker than their ‘bo-diddly tech’ 1984 schedule.

5 Likes

I was cleaning up my browser bookmarks, and came across this thread from 2010. It belongs in the Smithsonian:

cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=6003383

4 Likes

Classic - and basically what about 95% of the stories are factually on CB.

5 Likes

NY media beginnig to realize what they have in a certain players mom

5 Likes

I bet the NY media have fun with her. Wonder how long it will take before she wants Zach traded?

4 Likes

Jets fans are going to boo him loud and boo him often. She’ll demand a trade in week 1.

3 Likes

You watch this train wreck happening on social media and it helps you understand a possible reason why Whitt didn’t take a serious look at ZW. He is simply not a coach I can imagine playing the parent game. Good for BYU, they managed it to their benefit.

5 Likes

at some point Zach is going to need to face his mom and tell her to tone it down if he’s to be successful.

3 Likes

I can only imagine how fans in New York are going to respond to her social media posts if she keeps acting like she has in the past.

1 Like

Could be worse…he could’ve been drafted to the Eagles.

#BooedSanta
#BooedMikeSchmidt
#CityofBrotherlyHate

3 Likes

I know Utah fans like to claim this, but if Kyle didn’t persue the second pick in the nfl draft because of his moms social media posts, he should be fired.

1 Like

Well of course. Any college coach who recruits a NFL player should be fired, they’re ineligible.

4 Likes

This type of criticism requires a coach to be clairvoyant. Nobody was looking at ZW as NFL bound let alone much more than a solid/serviceable QB. Proof of this is his list of P5 offers (the guys who follow recruiting can correct me on this but I don’t believe there were any).

My larger point is you have a kid who might be a good athlete but you also have some overbearing parent(s) that cause you to pause and wonder if it is worth it. She is clearly a big time momma bear for her boy. Fair enough, but when you appear at the time to be maybe a mediocre D1 athlete with baggage… it probably wasn’t just Utah not giving him second looks.

Now there are those who verify she is a perfectly lovely person and I actually probably believe that, but she is providing some optic problems that I’m guessing don’t vibe well with Whits personality. Maybe another way to put it is Whit is a lot more like Jerry Sloan than he is Phil Jackson. Hats off to Phil for his uncanny ability to work through and manage egos and all his championship rings. But even if he tried Jerry Sloan could pretend to be Phil Jackson nor should he try, he had to play to his strengths instead.

8 Likes

One other example from a few years back. Hiring a new person, get a pretty nice kid who applies, it is an entry level position. We decide to make an offer to him and the next day his dad calls to try to negotiate his salary. We pulled the offer after that because nobody wanted to be dealing with super dad. Same sorta thought.

6 Likes

That was the year we signed Jack Tuttle. ZW vs Tuttle? Based on high school performance and ratings, Tuttle was the obvious choice. My hunch is that Tuttle would only commit & sign if the coaches promised they wouldn’t recruit any other QBs.

Wilson wouldn’t have started ahead of Huntley anyway. He wouldn’t have been the QB at Utah until last year. Going to byu, where he could start as a freshman, then playing one of the weakest schedules in history last year is what got him to be the 2nd pick. Maybe he’ll light it up in New York but my best guess is he’ll end up just like all the other Jets QBs, being booed then traded in a few years.

4 Likes

Idk, this post is probably king.

4 Likes