As one who doesn't follow the NBA closely, I have to admit that Donovan Mitchell is the real deal

I’m posting this article because of what he is planning to do to help the Granite School District with at-risk kids during the shutdown. He’s taking lemons and making lemonade.

Yes, he is a stud. I hope the UJ organization does everything they can to keep him. I’ve not seen a Jazz player this good with the community in my lifetime.

2 Likes

In his first year here the cynical part of me thought Donovan was just good at P.R. and image building and those were his motives for how he conducts himself. He goes so far beyond P.R. with all he does in this community though. I am convinced that he is just an all around beautiful person, which is good for his image but it’s not his motivation for being such a good person. He’s just genuine. On top of that he’s very talented. The Jazz really hit the lotto with this guy.

1 Like

My niece drew a picture of him for my nephew for his birthday. He posted it on Instagram and he asked if he could get a copy of it. It’s that little stuff that indicates like you said, he is just a genuine good guy.

2 Likes

I’ve had some interactions with him. Good dude. Will continue to make a positive impact long after he’s done playing ball, which I hope is a very long ways off.

1 Like

This is a really cool story. I suspect years from now many people will have stories about the time they experienced something positive from an encounter with Donovan Mitchell. Similar to the countless stories of Ron McBride and his generosity and warmth towards all people. There are good people all around us.

1 Like