Any good books that you have read recently?

WE all have some extra time right now so let’s help each other out?

I just finished proof-reading an advance copy of a book a colleague of mine wrote about addressing Unconscious Bias as an organizational leader. It’s really a fantastic read, and I can’t wait for it to officially come out later this year.

I’ve also been re-reading the original Dark Elf trilogy (“Homeland”, “Exile”, and “Sojurn”) by R.A. Salvatore. Haven’t read those since I was a teenager…hard to believe the first book is now 30 years old. They still hold up as fantastic mindless fantasy entertainment.

1 Like

Considering the times, might I suggest:

The Fifth Risk and 1984

1 Like

“We Don’t Make Widgets: Overcoming The Myths That Keep Government From Radically Improving”

An easy read with some really good ideas.

2 Likes

May I suggest for some fun reading:

Robert B. Parker - particularly the “Cole & Hitch” series. Good old cowboy fun

Also anything by Nelson DeMille. Great encounters involving a retired New Your detective

American Red by David Marlett–historical based fiction.

1 Like

Devoted by Dean Koontz

2 Likes

Anyone read “Under the Volcano?”. I’m bogged down after 4 0 pages. Does anything ever happen?

I just finished the Silent Corner by Koontz. Very entertaining.

Read a lot of the "Spensor"series back in the day

The Milagro Beanfield War.

Robert Redford directed the movie in the 80s. I read the book years ago and it’s great, so I decided to read it again. It takes about 60 pages before it really gets good but I can highly recommend it.

A River RunsThrough It?
Cuz that’s a good one too

Oh! I missed the title.
That’s a great book / trilogy.

1 Like

The Backslider by Levi Peterson

About a young Mormon rancher in southern Utah struggling with his religion and the crushing weight of guilt brought on by what some consider sin.

1 Like