* Note: Current rankings are based on activity in the last calendar
What is this SCOREBOARD that this Zoob troll keeps referring to?
by UtahPAC12 2013-05-14 23:24:09
Basketball? Narrowly in their own house to what they proudly deem the worst team in the PAC 12.
Number of Professionals in the NFL or NBA? Not even close on either count.
Draft Picks in either the NFL or NBA? I'm sure the Kings are glad they used a top 10 pick on a glorified ball boy. Bogut is starting for a team still in the playoffs and Andre Miller is the only reason the Nuggets didn't get swept in the playoffs. NFL isn't even worth discussing.
Stadium Size? Oh good, you can fit more of your awful fans in your stadium than we can educated, passionate, don't bring their knitting to the game fans.
Education Rankings? Those are as reliable as Bleacher Report.
Obesity? Yep...that's got to be what he's talking about. Congrats USuck! UFat and UWin that contest.
A few things I would love to see occur during the upcoming college football season:
by UtahPAC12 2013-04-13 23:36:07
1. Utah wins at least 8 games with a winning conference record.
2. The national championship game is played without a team from the SEC
3. Jake Heaps wins the Heisman. That would be delicious to watch that drama.
4. USU makes it to a bowl game for the third season in a row, though with a loss to Utah.
5. After they play each other in Madison, Wisconsin cancels their return trip to Zoobistan based on GA's opinion of their fanbase.
6. Wisconsin wins the BIG 12 after punking Urban Cuckeye's. Goes on and loses a close game in the Rose Bowl to the PAC 12 representative.
7. Robert Anae is suspended for 3 games for punching Gordon Monson in the face at a presser. Double win!
8. RES continues its streak of sold out games and riled up fans!
Due to circumstance, I will not be renewing my football season tickets. I have 4 seats in section 38, row 55, right next to the MUSS. Before letting the ticket office know, any good Utes wanting to transfer them over? Boardmail me.
The biggest fault I find with Utah Football last season were my own heightened expectations:
by UtahPAC12 2013-02-15 14:31:12
Here's what we thought we had:
1. A healthy, experienced, motivated Jordan Wynn
2. John White IV 2011 version
3. The best D-Line in the country
4. Devonte Christopher and the best WR core ever
5. A prodigy of an OC that will innovate and surprise
6. A strong interior OLine
7. Experience in the secondary with Blechen, Rowe, Lacy and McGill
Those factors combined led me to believe that it was going to be a special year. Unfortunately, we had:
1. A glass QB that went down in 6 quarters with a steep drop in depth behind him.
2. John White IV 2012 version was banged up for 8 games
3. A D-Line that seemed unable to get to a QB
4. It's hard to catch when you can't throw
5. Inexperience at OC
6. Weak bookends that a strong interior line couldn't compensate for
7. Blechen burned, Rowe slumped, McGill injured, Lacy wasn't enough on his own
Here's the beauty of 2013...the expectations are low.
Today is the BIG rivalry game! The day we've all been waiting for! The pinnacle of the season comes down to this. BYU vs. New Mexico State. Battle of the independents!
by UtahPAC12 2012-11-24 09:50:29
BTW, that ESPN contract is really paying off. ESPN has decided to air the game exclusively on 1160 AM. That should really grab the attention of all of those recruits that still use a radio. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!!
Honestly, if your future self came to you back in August and told you that the following would happen this season, what record would you have predicted for us?
by UtahPAC12 2012-11-14 16:32:38
1. Jordan Wynn goes out in game 2 with a career ending injury.
2. JWIV isn't fully healthy until game 6.
3. Our OL is a rotating mess until game 5.
4. DVC disappears completely.
5. 6 of the 12 PAC teams are ranked in the BCS top 25 at week 10, and we aren't one of them.
6. Brian Blechen will not only be suspended the first 3 games, but takes another 5 games to figure out football again.
7. Keith McGill has season ending surgery before the season begins.
8. Salt breaks his foot before the season starts.
All things considered, I applaud this team for what they have done and how they have stuck together. It takes good coaching to not only win games, but to keep a team together and working hard when you aren't.
My 2 favorite moments from last night's game, the real reason we won:
by UtahPAC12 2012-10-28 13:39:13
1. On the Travis Wilson interception, if you watched the offense come off the field, Luke Matthews was talking/coaching Dres Anderson the entire way off the field on what he did wrong. His body language wasn't angry, but patient and instructive.
2. When York went down with an injury, John White IV sprinted onto the field to check on him. Also, when York scored that touchdown on 1st and Goal from the 1, John White IV was the first to congratulate him and with great excitement.
The difference last night was our senior captains showed why they are the captains. If this team is going to finish this stretch with good outcomes, it will be due to that amazing leadership I saw last night. That my friends, is Utah football.
I think the thing that frustrates me the most is how badly I wanted JWIV, DVC, Wynn and Blechen to have amazing years and go down in Utah lore.
by UtahPAC12 2012-10-22 21:23:07
Now I'm afraid that the legacies of these guys I love is going to be slightly tarnished with how they finished their careers with Utah. I so badly wanted to look back at those guys the same way I revere Weddle, RoJo, Sly, Misi, Shelby and the other players who closed with an amazing senior campaign.
Here's to hoping JWIV and DVC can find a way to finish out their careers with their heads held high.
I used to take Utah losses REALLY hard, they would "ruin my weekend." This season has helped me find the fun in Utah football again because I had to remember it is just a game at the end of the day and I still have a wife, beautiful kids
by UtahPAC12 2012-10-21 00:36:18
and a job that really counts. I still don't like it when Utah loses, don't get me wrong. I for one am grateful for times like this that have helped me gain perspective. Sometimes I get a little nuts, nay obsessed with this program, team and players. I follow all of the recruiting. I read any written word or listed to any spoken report during spring and fall camp. I travel with this team, I only wear Utah gear on the weekends, and I still will.
I'm not going to tell anyone how to be a fan. For me, this season has helped me remember to look onto more important things that really impact my life and my family.
My thoughts and prayers to the family that tragically lost their young daughter when she got buried in the sand while playing with her siblings, to those that are struggling with employment, financial, physical or other diress and lastly, to our country in hopes that whoever gets elected makes this nation a better place for the next 4 years.
Let's go Utes! Everyone have a safe and enjoyable week.
Kyle is preparing something special for tonight. He's had his "wall of Whitt" up extra high the last 2 weeks.
by UtahPAC12 2012-10-04 10:58:16
I was up at RES in the tower for an event on Tuesday while the team was practicing on the field. Several of the attendees were looking out the windows watching the team practice. As soon as they started taking pictures on their phones, Whitt sent an assistant up to tell everyone to step away from the windows.
I won't say what I saw cause I want this win more than anything. All I can say is...I've never seen it done that way before.
Utah man am I! I drove all the way home from Phoenix with my Ute car flag waving proud!
by UtahPAC12 2012-09-23 21:43:51
We're still Ute fans for life! Let's not be idiots and call for our coaches to be fired. This disappointment is a biproduct of self inflicted high expectations. We believed in our own hype and so has our team. Live, learn and move on to the next game. 2-2 after 4 games is not ideal, it's also not the end of the world.
1. Our LB's are slow, poor tacklers and unable to cover their own ground in the passing game.
2. Moe Lee couldn't cover a mayonaise jar if he had the lid.
3. Joe Kruger was missed and our depth suffered.
4. Jon Hays is a great manager. He will not win us games, he just has to keep us from losing them.
5. DVC barely beats out JWIV for greatest depreciation of overall value.
6. O-Line is the area that we need the most help.
7. Sad, but true, we are looking like the UNLV of the PAC 12. That's not to say we can't become of the Utah of the PAC 12.
8. Speed. We need speed. We can then coach the speed into positions, ala TCU.
9. Toughness and grit. This team needs a new personality.
10. Leadership: JWIV, DVC, Moe Lee...all seniors, all disappeared.
UteFans.Net is not affiliated with the University of
Utah, except that the owner, operators and contributing members
are students, alumni,
and rabid fans of the U. Additionally,
the owner and operators of Utefans.Net are not responsible
for the actions of those who use this public forum. By contributing
forum you agree to abide by the Rules of Conduct outlined on
Post Message page.