OSU - Michael Walker closes on the ball in OT, it's over.
UCLA - Driving with Murphy's broken hand, just needed a score
Arizona - So many chances to win
USC - A little more offense...
ASU - Hold them on the last drive
Oregon - Inches became miles
I'm not holding Whitt completely accountable, he has position coaches and players that just aren't executing their part. Our defense has kept us in and kept us close. To me the major issues have been:
1. Injuries - Kenneth Scott, Jake Murphy, Westlee Tonga, Brian Blechen - any one or two of those players being healthy may be another win or two that were losses.
2. OL Play - What a downer. Running game can't run, QB/WR connections don't have time to develop.
3. Travis Wilson - I have given this guy a pass up to this point, but something just isn't adding up. It makes me anxious to see if he is the guy going forward or if Manning closes the gapp.
4. WR Play - Inconsistent at best. You have a PAC 12 guy in Dres who disappears for stretches and is NFL caliber at other times. Denham and Fitz are serviceable, but not spectacular.
5. Coaching - A-Rod, Jay Hill, OL Coach all need to have a performance review with Whitt. Horrible.
6. Obama - Miley Cyrus was still Hannah Montana when Bush was president. Thanks Obama.
Dose of reality. I know we all say that the next man up has to pick up the rifle and pick up the slack, but we just have too many pieces missing:
by UtahPAC12 2013-10-19 23:39:06
Jake Murphy - Takes pressure of the WR on the wings by forcing coverage to the middle.
Westlee Tonga - See above plus the bonus blocking.
Kenneth Scott - A true boundary, possession, sideline, go-get-it receiver.
Jacoby Hale - A LB with speed to cover the boundary and go sideline to sideline.
Brian Blechen - I honestly don't know what he gives us, but I'm sure it's something.
Travis Wilson - He has his bad moments, but compensates with more good than bad.
You tell me you would expect us to be 4-3 with a win over Stanford missing 5 of those 6 for that game.
This game reminded me a little too much of last year, that said, this year as a whole has been nothing like last year. We've made steps in the right direction. No Poppinga victory here, just hope for better days. GO UTES!
My fellow Ute fans, ask not what a Cougar fan, Cougar player or Cougar journalist has said/done lately...really, what is the point of trying to understand or even wanting to care?
by UtahPAC12 2013-09-26 23:25:04
Let's move on. They've said their peace. They've stood on their soapbox. They've successfully PR'd their way out of a bad situation predicated on a series of dumb decisions by someone that I'm sure we would rub shoulders with if he weren't a part of their program.
Let's be UTAH UTES fans! Let's celebrate our dominating string of victories. Let's focus on hosting the #13 team in the country for our annual blackout game.
Let's focus on the fact that we have a QB we can finally stand behind. Let's be grateful for a coach that doesn't feed us drivel but recognizes and acknowledges problems and the need for improvement.
It's time to take a cathartic break from caring what anyone south of Draper does for the next 36 months. We'll all be the better for it.
1. We have a QB that is showing what I want to see out of a big time QB. He's tough, mobile, resilient, gritty and throws a good ball. Not to forget, he's a great leader and guys get behind him.
2. We have a good group of wide receivers even without Kenneth Scott. They get open, block down field and play without the DVC attitude.
3. Whitt may not be a perfect coach, but I admire that he knows it. He doesn't stubbornly stick with a scheme or guy if it isn't working. He's a team first, win first guy.
4. We are building a program whether we want to admit it or not. This team in the current MWC runs the table. Nobody wants to be the best of the mediocre. We are building up to the new level of competition and getting there step by step. Give it time.
5. Our fans are great! We cheer together win or lose and never take credit from our opponent. They beat us, time to move on and beat TDS.
3. My sister
2. Wilson and Taysom
1. Wilson, Keeton or Taysom
I would say they are all pretty even at this point. I would take Wilson or Keeton over Taysom myself. I feel Taysom is a little one dimensional is his offensive capabilities. You can stack the box and make it a lot harder for him to thrive.
Reason's why being a Ute Football fan is awesome!:
by UtahPAC12 2013-08-05 12:11:46
1. Having to choose between Autzen and the Coliseum for a road trip is a great choice to make.
2. I don't get my season tickets and think "well, only 3 of the 6 are good games."
3. 6 of our 7 home games are good games, well worth the ticket price.
4. We have 7 home games.
5. The energy and enthusiasm from the MUSS and NEZ is worth the cost of a ticket.
6. Coach Whitt is the type of guy you want to have as the coach of your team. There's not a lot of useless hyperbole. He'll admit when there's a shortfall instead of masking it. I'd run through a wall for that guy.
7. UteFans.net is filled with great fans, great posts, a fair amount of self deprecating humor and a sense of Ute community.
8. Red, Black and White are great colors to wear any day of the week, especially on game day.
9. Rice-Eccles Stadium; what an amazing and beautiful place to catch a game.
What is this SCOREBOARD that this Zoob troll keeps referring to?
by UtahPAC12 2013-05-14 23:24:09
Basketball? Narrowly in their own house to what they proudly deem the worst team in the PAC 12.
Number of Professionals in the NFL or NBA? Not even close on either count.
Draft Picks in either the NFL or NBA? I'm sure the Kings are glad they used a top 10 pick on a glorified ball boy. Bogut is starting for a team still in the playoffs and Andre Miller is the only reason the Nuggets didn't get swept in the playoffs. NFL isn't even worth discussing.
Stadium Size? Oh good, you can fit more of your awful fans in your stadium than we can educated, passionate, don't bring their knitting to the game fans.
Education Rankings? Those are as reliable as Bleacher Report.
Obesity? Yep...that's got to be what he's talking about. Congrats USuck! UFat and UWin that contest.
A few things I would love to see occur during the upcoming college football season:
by UtahPAC12 2013-04-13 23:36:07
1. Utah wins at least 8 games with a winning conference record.
2. The national championship game is played without a team from the SEC
3. Jake Heaps wins the Heisman. That would be delicious to watch that drama.
4. USU makes it to a bowl game for the third season in a row, though with a loss to Utah.
5. After they play each other in Madison, Wisconsin cancels their return trip to Zoobistan based on GA's opinion of their fanbase.
6. Wisconsin wins the BIG 12 after punking Urban Cuckeye's. Goes on and loses a close game in the Rose Bowl to the PAC 12 representative.
7. Robert Anae is suspended for 3 games for punching Gordon Monson in the face at a presser. Double win!
8. RES continues its streak of sold out games and riled up fans!
Due to circumstance, I will not be renewing my football season tickets. I have 4 seats in section 38, row 55, right next to the MUSS. Before letting the ticket office know, any good Utes wanting to transfer them over? Boardmail me.
The biggest fault I find with Utah Football last season were my own heightened expectations:
by UtahPAC12 2013-02-15 14:31:12
Here's what we thought we had:
1. A healthy, experienced, motivated Jordan Wynn
2. John White IV 2011 version
3. The best D-Line in the country
4. Devonte Christopher and the best WR core ever
5. A prodigy of an OC that will innovate and surprise
6. A strong interior OLine
7. Experience in the secondary with Blechen, Rowe, Lacy and McGill
Those factors combined led me to believe that it was going to be a special year. Unfortunately, we had:
1. A glass QB that went down in 6 quarters with a steep drop in depth behind him.
2. John White IV 2012 version was banged up for 8 games
3. A D-Line that seemed unable to get to a QB
4. It's hard to catch when you can't throw
5. Inexperience at OC
6. Weak bookends that a strong interior line couldn't compensate for
7. Blechen burned, Rowe slumped, McGill injured, Lacy wasn't enough on his own
Here's the beauty of 2013...the expectations are low.
Today is the BIG rivalry game! The day we've all been waiting for! The pinnacle of the season comes down to this. BYU vs. New Mexico State. Battle of the independents!
by UtahPAC12 2012-11-24 09:50:29
BTW, that ESPN contract is really paying off. ESPN has decided to air the game exclusively on 1160 AM. That should really grab the attention of all of those recruits that still use a radio. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!!
UteFans.Net is not affiliated with the University of
Utah, except that the owner, operators and contributing members
are students, alumni,
and rabid fans of the U. Additionally,
the owner and operators of Utefans.Net are not responsible
for the actions of those who use this public forum. By contributing
forum you agree to abide by the Rules of Conduct outlined on
Post Message page.