Utefans.Net - Uniting the Fans Since 1998
Home - Message Board - Video Highlights - Best Stuff - Quotable - Join!

Welcome!

We are "The online voice of the Ute Fans." Students, alumni, and fans of the University of Utah athletics programs meet here to discuss football, basketball, gymnastics, and other sports.

Read the Message Board

On a day like today, I'm reminded of some co-workers telling me on pac-mas

by Milton Vanderslice
2017-04-29 14:22:36

Enjoy it today, because after a few years of losing, no recruits are going to want to come to Utah and it will destroy your program.

Yeah, today's a good day.

>> Comment...

 

FYI for anybody that doesn't already know the truth -

by TheBaron
2017-04-29 17:37:34

The "higher academic standards" for athletes at BYU is pure cougarbored myth. BYU not only regularly takes players that barely pass the NCAA clearinghouse, they even take non-qualifiers that every other school in the FBS is barred from taking due to conference recruiting rules.

http://www.todaysu.com/u-news/byu-db-daya n-lake-not-cleared-by-ncaa/

Not only is the zoob lying about non-existent BYU academic standards, the truth is the exact opposite. Because they are a private university and not a member of any conference, BYU quite literally has the lowest athlete admission standards in the entire FBS.

>> Comment...

 

Here's the Pac-12 count

by Milton Vanderslice
2017-04-29 20:30:15

8 - Utah
5 - UCLA
5 - USC
5 - Washington
4 - Colorad9
3 - California
2 - Oregon State
1 - Arizona State
1 - Washington State
0 - Arizona
0 - Oregon

Overall
11 - Michigan
10 - Alabama
9 - Miami (FL)
8 - Utah
8 - Florida
8 - LSU
7 - Ohio State

>> Comment...

 

Every time I encounter a veteran or one walks in, I'm overcome.

by Chad Sexington
2017-04-29 12:46:23

The dude had prosthetics for both legs, knee to foot, and in place of his hands.

I disagree with our constant war fighting, but these guys...

They deserve a lot of respect.

>> Comment...

 

Insane and narcissistic and racist and judgemental and jealous and petty and spiteful and immature and dumb and pathologically dishonest.

by TheBaron
2017-04-29 17:32:39

BYU fans force me to constantly remind myself "not all Mormons are ______", because my good god do zoobs ever make LDS people look bad. This isn't just a cougarbored issue, either. Zoobs at work, zoobs in the legislature and other government positions, zoobs in the business world, with their endless fraud, scams, and MLMs, etc.

I've learned that any time Mormons look bad, there is almost always a zoob behind it, which is quite the curiosity considering probably less than 10% of active LDS are zoobs. There really is something about BYU that turns out a shockingly disproportionate percentage of turds.

>> Comment...

 

NFL Network throwing some love to the Utah program.

by Red Don
2017-04-29 14:25:02

Talking about four OL linemen coming from the same team. Charles Davis joked, "now I see why the RB came back." Then came back and said that seven players drafted is a Utah record.

I agree with comment about ARod leaving. I think one of the biggest moves in the program in years. Troy Taylor is going to be the missing link.

>> Comment...

 

Question: of all the positions drafted where has Utah been the worst historically?

by ironman1315
2017-04-29 15:08:08

Answer: QB and WR.

Question: during most of this time, who has been in charge of the QBs or WRs.

Answer: Roderick.

I think like 80% of the blame rests squarely on Roderick and the fact that he can't develop players for $#!+.

>> Comment...

 

Sovereign Citizens are proof positive that the less you know the more you think you know.

by ironman1315
2017-04-29 15:23:03

One of their arguments is that they have not "signed the social contract" according to the requirements of the UCC. There is so much wrong with that argument it makes my brain hurt.

>> Comment...

 

"he has a BS degree from Utah"

by ocgreg
2017-04-29 19:26:44

and a Rose Bowl ring from USC.

We would have lost without him.

FTFO!

>> Comment...

 

BYU is its own special brand of crazy. Sadly the cultural meme in Utah places BYU attendance at the pinnacle of Mormondom.

by Puget Ute
2017-04-29 19:07:37

LDS people generally are often excellent, but the BYU experience can bring out the judgemental superiority complex from the best of people.

>> Comment...

 

Number of players drafted from each school.

by SkinyUte
2017-04-29 19:52:09

Michigan tops the list with 11. And here's the list of undrafted FA signings.

Props to the Utes. Having 8 (9, if you count Stevie) players drafted is truly elite. While it's frustrating that didn't translate into more wins last year, it's still a huge accomplishment. I guarantee that recruits will take notice.

Can we all just take a moment to point and laugh at the B12?

>> Comment...

 

I don't know who Patrick Sheltra is, but based on that link, it seems like he has an ax to grind.

by Newbomb Turk
2017-04-29 17:03:19

I will continue to let the coaches do their thing, knowing it's pretty easy to coach from the stands and after the fact. If we lose, I will leave my disappointment at the stadium.

>> Comment...

 

Yes. Absolutely. Coming in off a top 25 class (Rivals) and this? Great news. We have everything in place except OC and QB coach...and hopefully we have that now.

by Ute2004
2017-04-29 17:35:30

Next year may be rough, the schedule is by far the hardest we've ever had.

BUT, if we get 8 or 9 wins? HOLY SHOOT. The future will be bright.

Also, hopefully this helps some of the local kids realize that they have an amazing program in their back yard...but, I think we need to win a PAC-12 title before we really start to see the local tide change.

This will really make a name for us outside of Utah though. Holliday is already using this in Texas like crazy.

>> Comment...

 

Utah same record as Florida, Miami, and 1 better than LSU

by uteinbrooklyn
2017-04-29 21:36:01

11 players drafted by the Wolverines is quite literally half of the starting line up was NFL caliber. Michigan had three more players drafted but only one more on field victory than the Utes. Not bagging on Michigan, but bringing perspective to the cry babies whining about KW.

>> Comment...

 

Notice:

  • (NM) means No Message was included in the post, so don't bother clicking on it.
  • On the internet, there are people called "Trolls" -- not because they look like monsters -- but because they troll around different message boards, throwing out little baited hooks hoping to get a bite from some eager fish. And like any fisherman, the Trolls won't stay very long if no one bites

DISCLAIMER: UteFans.Net is not affiliated with the University of Utah, except that the owner, operators and contributing members are students, alumni, and rabid fans of the U. Additionally, the owner and operators of Utefans.Net are not responsible for the actions of those who use this public forum. By contributing to this forum you agree to abide by the Rules of Conduct outlined on the Post Message page.

Forum - Boardmail - Profile - Schedule - Events - Photos - Archive - Quotable - Join!
Home | About Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | News | Contact Us

Copyright (C) 1998-2017 Utefans LC. All rights reserved. Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties.